DURATION: 6 hours per module, 24 hours totally.
SCHEDULE OPTIONS (check your local time):
OPTION 1 Timetable
OPTION 2 Timetable
About the course
Social media is changing how business is done around the world in almost every industry. The business world is undergoing fundamental changes in how consumers interact with brands and each other. Social media has helped give consumers a voice and connect them with their friends and other like-minded people, and it has also opened up numerous new communication channels available for public relations practitioners and brands to connect with current and potential audiences. This course is designed to help you understand how public relations and marketing have (and have not) changed due to the rise of social media and changes in various underlying contextual factors, such as dramatically increased speed of information dissemination across consumers and brands. The overarching goal is to obtain a clear perspective on what’s really going on in digital PR and marketing so that you can begin to appreciate its true value to consumers, to managers, and to other corporate stakeholders. It will equip you with the relevant knowledge, perspectives, and practical skills required to develop marketing strategies that leverage the opportunities inherent in social media and consumer-to-consumer social interactions for achieving business goals. Note that this course’s focus is on Facebook and Instagram. However, you will gain basic knowledge of the other platforms as well. The intention is to broaden your perspective, to train you to approach Social Media Advertising, not narrow your thinking by just focusing on Facebook and Instagram.
- Understand what social media is and how this new type of media and communications technology influences how business and marketing is done
- Understand key principles of “consumers’ behaviors” from psychological and sociological perspectives, and how these principles can be leveraged when developing social media marketing strategies
- Develop skills in using the Facebook Ads Manager for your business/marketing service.
- Discover innovative uses for social media in a variety of business areas and processes (e.g., new product development and service management)
- Develop and implement a strategic social media plan for your own brand or learn for your future career.
- Gain enough in-class experience to confidently apply for business management, customer service, marketing or PR positions that require social-media skills.
- Obtain the knowledge from Social Media Expert and see how the Social Media Marketing is applied to the Global Companies.
MODULE 1: SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING OVERVIEW AND FACEBOOK MARKETING FOUNDATIONS
Skills you will learn
- Understand social media marketing principles
- Make consumers aware of your presence
- Paid vs Organic Traffic
- Overview of FB social media platform
- Differences of FB advertising as compared to other marketing channels
- How to do identity and streamline your target customers on Facebook via Audience Insights
- Defining people based marketing – Core Audiences, Custom Audiences & Lookalike Audiences
MODULE 2: SETTING UP FACEBOOK MARKETING ASSETS
Skills you will learn
- Creation of a Facebook Page for their company/ brand
- Populating the Facebook Page with the user’s key messages and branding assets
- Optimizing of the Facebook Page for greater discoverability
- Setting up of a Facebook Business Manager
- Creating Facebook advertising accounts and delegating access to stakeholders
- Enabling of Facebook advertising Pixel and installing of the pixel on the organization’s digital assets
- Anatomy of Facebook advertising campaign structure (Campaign, Adset, Ad levels)
MODULE 3: DEVELOP AND EXECUTE FACEBOOK ADVERTISING STRATEGY
Skills you will learn
- Core audiences (targeting via locations, age, gender, languages, interests and other digital parameters captured from Facebook)
- Custom audiences (targeting via customer file, website traffic, app activity, offline activity and engagement)
- Lookalike audiences (expanding similar audiences based on a set of audiences that is defined by the business)
- Understanding the advantages & disadvantages of the different audiences • Guided creation of audiences
- Placements of ad creatives on Facebook & Instagram
- Scheduling and budgeting
MODULE 4: FACEBOOK ANALYTICS, REPORTING, AND OPTIMIZATION
- Highlighting the different marketing objectives that are available on the FB advertising platform
- Understanding the pros & cons of each objective and how they are to be used effectively
- Suggestions on Improving relevancy score to get lower CPCs & CPMs
- Essential Facebook Advertising metrics to track and measure
- Best practices for design creatives & copyrighting
- Optimizing your campaigns based on defined KPIs